Ali S Biography
Ali S is a Country Music Singer and Songwriter. Ali was born and raised in Boulia. A remote outback town in North West Queensland, which has a population of 300 and is, situated 300km south of Mt Isa.
Ali has a traditional country style, with a contemporary twist, appealing to a wide range of country music fans. His songs are based around life on the land, famous country music artists and the legends that entertain us in the rodeo circuit.
'Couldn't Do This On My Own' is the debut album for Ali, which reached Number 2 on the iTunes Country Music Charts and Number 50 on the iTunes All Genres Charts. ‘Couldn’t Do This On My Own’ features 12 of Ali’s original songs, which he has written to tell stories about life in the outback. 'Couldn't Do This On My Own' was recorded at Hillbilly Hut on the Central Coast of NSW. It was mixed by Simon Johnson and mastered by Jeff McCormack.
'Couldn't Do This On My Own', features Ali's debut single 'I Need A Beer’, which was co-written with Catherine Britt. ‘I Need A Beer’ hit Number 3 on the iTunes Country Charts on the 2nd of June. ‘I Need A Beer’, is currently played on radio stations in Australia and around the world.
'Ali S on an Outback Tour', saw Ali, perform 17 shows and travel 7000km in Outback Queensland over 4 weeks. Performances included the Boulia Camel Races, which is known as the Melbourne Cup of Camel Races and saw crowds in excess of 3500 people; Australian Hotel Boulia, Mount Isa Irish Club, Cannington Mines, Cloncurry NAIDOC Week Celebrations, North Gregory Hotel Winton, Ilfracombe Races, The Bird Cage, Smithy's Outback Tours and Quamby Rodeo, which is fast becoming one of the most well known rodeos in Queensland, where Ali performed for a crowd of over 4000 people.
Ali is a countryman whose songs reflect his strong country pride. His hard work and unique country voice keep him determined to grow as an Australian Country Music Artist.
2017 saw the birth of Ali S in the Australian Country Music Industry, since then he achieved some outstanding accolades.
Finalist in the Australian Country Music People Choice Awards
- Best Album,
- Best Male Vocal,
- Best Ballard- Engine Angels
- Best Song- I Need A Beer
- Most Promising Future Star.
- Finalist in the National Song writing Awards- Engine Angels (Australian Category)
Semi-finalist for the Tamworth Songwriters Awards with
- Couldn't Do This On My Own,
- Can't See Me,
- Engine Angels,
- Talking Bout Brooks and Dunn
- Shortlisted for the 2017 Apra Professional Development Award
- Graduate of the Australian Academy of Country Music
I NEED A BEER- Debut Single
- #3 iTunes Country Music Charts.
- Charted for 8 weeks in Top 30 Tasmanian Charts.
- #13 Top 30 Tasmanian Charts
- Spent 6 weeks in Top 40 Country Tracks Charts
- #14 Top 40 Country Tracks Charts
- Finalist National Song Writing Awards (Country Category)
- Finalist Best Song- Australian Country Music Peoples Choice Awards
COULDN’T DO THIS ON MY OWN- Debut Album
- #2 iTunes Country Music Charts
- Named Album of the Year by My Country Australia
- Finalist Best Album- Australian Country Music Peoples Choice Awards