Ali S Biography
My pick of performers at ‘Winton’s Way out West Fest’ pub venues,
- James Dein- Sound Australia.
“He is an absolute true blue Australian gem."
- Tammy Roberts- Event Manager Julia Creek Dirt'n'Dust
Ali S hails from Boulia in North West QLD, a town which is proud to announce him as their official ambassador for the third consecutive year. His debut album “Couldn’t Do This On My Own”, reached Number 2 on the Australian iTunes Country Charts, his first single, ‘I Need A Beer’, reaching number 3 on the Australian iTunes Country Charts and his second single, “Talking Bout Brooks and Dunn”, receiving recognition from Kix Brooks who publicly announced his love of Ali’s tribute song to the great duo.
Ali S is known to many Australia’s as the bloke who has an appreciation for the Channel Country not seen since the likes of Slim, with a voice that is likened to Buck Owens and Brooks and Dunn. 2017 saw Ali invited to officially open up the Tamworth Country Music Festival on the main stage in Bicentennial Park with the graduates of the 2017 CMAA Songwriting Academy, tour QLD with his 5-piece band, where he played at numerous festivals across QLD, and was nominated for 5 People Choice Awards, 3 Australian Songwriter Awards as well as named My Country Australia’s Album of the Year.
Ali S has toured Queensland and performed at some of the biggest events in Country Music, with the highlight being returning to his grass roots to perform at ‘Winton’s Way Out West Fest 2018-19’, being named a semi-finalist at Gympie’s Music Muster talent search two years running and performing at the Brisbane Ekka. Not to mention being recognized internationally with ‘Girls Beers Utes & Rodeo’ reaching over 460,000 streams on Spotify, and his album reaching over 42000 streams, with a audience of over 80000 listeners in 70 countries. Ali has continued writing songs with Australia’s greatest songwriters including Matt Scullion- with his next single being 'There's more to me than Beer', which will be officially released on the 15th of April 2020.
Ali S is a genuine bloke with a passion for music and the country way of life. He’s a countryman whose songs reflect his strong country pride.
2016 saw the birth of Ali S in the Australian Country Music Industry, since then he achieved some outstanding accolades.
Finalist in the Australian Country Music People Choice Awards
- Best Album,
- Best Male Vocal,
- Best Ballard- Engine Angels
- Best Song- I Need A Beer
- Most Promising Future Star.
- Finalist in the National Song writing Awards- Engine Angels (Australian Category)
Semi-finalist for the Tamworth Songwriters Awards with
- Couldn't Do This On My Own,
- Can't See Me,
- Engine Angels,
- Talking Bout Brooks and Dunn
- Shortlisted for the 2017 Apra Professional Development Award
- Graduate of the Australian Academy of Country Music 2017
- Semi-finalist Gympie Muster Talent Search
- Finalist Brisbane Ekka Talent Search
GIRLS BEER UTES & RODEO- Single
- #3 Top 40 Country Tracks
- Spent 12 weeks in the Top 20 Country Track Charts
- #23 - 2018 Top 40 Country Tracks
- 460000 streams on Spotify
- Australian viral Top 50- Spotify Playlist
- Country Fresh- Spotify Playlist
- Country Party- Spotify Playlist
I NEED A BEER- Debut Single
- #3 iTunes Country Music Charts.
- Charted for 8 weeks in Top 30 Tasmanian Charts.
- #13 Top 30 Tasmanian Charts
- Spent 6 weeks in Top 40 Country Tracks Charts
- #14 Top 40 Country Tracks Charts
- Finalist National Song Writing Awards (Country Category)
- Finalist Best Song- Australian Country Music Peoples Choice Awards
COULDN’T DO THIS ON MY OWN- Debut Album
- 42000 streams on Spotify
- #2 iTunes Country Music Charts
- Named Album of the Year by My Country Australia
- Finalist Best Album- Australian Country Music Peoples Choice Awards